Thursday, August 6, 2009

hold me jesus

rich mullins wrote a song called hold me jesus.
watch the youtube video, then i'll finish talking.



anyways, yeah. for some reason when i hear this song it reminds me of how big God is. the sad part about this song is that rich mullins died about ten years ago. i had no idea who he was then, except as the guy who wrote "Awesome God" side note: he also wrote the song creed. for those of you who know garrett viggers, check out his website (garrettviggers.com) and watch a video of third day recording creed with brandon heath and garrett on the dulcimer

okay. anyways, the bridge of this song is the best part.

Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something
I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees

that part made me begin to tear up. considering the fact that i am really thirsty, i probably would have cried just now listening to it. this blog is not eloquently worded, it is not my best writing, and definitely not my most humorous, but this song speaks so much to me, i had to write it.

1 comment:

  1. so i just listened to two more songs, iand i realize, all of his music touches me. the guy was just an amazing musician.

    ReplyDelete