Monday, June 29, 2009

recently, my life has had nothing of note

but together, there is almost enough stuff to write a blog about
a week ago i cut my finger open, and today is the first time i'm trying to type normally again since then. and its not going good. i've made about twelve typo's in this part so far.

i played mandolin on sunday, and it went pretty good. i only made a few mistakes ( which is pretty cool sinc e i usually mess up once every other song on Guitar, which i Know how to play...) but i kept it simple, and played the same two chord shapes all day. after the service a lady i've never seen before came up and complimented me on my mandolin playing. her compliment was " i really like the diversity. you sounded awesome. just about as good as you did on guitar last week"

my first impression of this comment was a sincere thankful attitude, and an apprecation of her positive feed back. about two and a half seconds later, i thought of two thigns. the first was if she had heard me play before last week. if she hasn't, then really she's basing my mandolin playing on last week, and i played some pretty weird stuff last week. ( a few points where is sounded like i was a shredder on guitar, and i'm not) if she has heard me play guitar multiple weeks, and i've never seen her before, that means she didn't like it as much, cause she hasn't ever come up on stage to say anything, thus i don;t recognize her. then the other thought hit me.
is this a compliment to my mandolin skills, or a major diss to my guitar skills? cause i've now been "playing mandolin" for ten days. i've been playing guitar for 7 or 8 years. andreally anyone with three fingers on their left hand, two on their right, and a sense of rythm could play the stuff i played, so maybe she just undervalues my guitar playing.
oh well, i guess i'll just take it as a compliment and move on

today i went to pick lauren up from the air port, and on the way back i realized i am really stiff. but not the cool stiff where its like " oh! yesterday was so awesome cause i rock climbed!" but more like "i need to be less of a slug, cause my muscles have atrophied. and i get this whole week off, so now i'm going to be really lazy. :(
anyone want to go climbing?



oh, and i'm writing a song, but i'm writing at about one line per week, so don;t expect it to be done. ever.

1 comment:

  1. well hurry up and write your song, because i want to hear it!

    ReplyDelete