Friday, July 17, 2009

piggy plague

yep, i said it. or at least reffered to it. swine flu. there, now i said it. i know i'm at the tail end of a sickness of some sort, and i think its the dreaded H1N1! which is funny, cause i'm really not THAT sick. well, the fever, the full body aches and the headaches were pretty bad on Wednesday afternoon, and also pretty bad on Thursday morning. but not as bad as other flu's i have had. best thing? i didn't let it distract me from worshiping God these past two weeks ( oh, i was on the band at camp leading around 230 people each week in worshiping God.)in fact, it was the first time i got sick and found a deeper meaning. yep, I'm weird like that now.

everytime i woke up feeling horrible, head throbbing, dehydrated from the massive ammounts of sweat (which every morning i thought was evidence that the fever had broken. nope.) eyes throbbing form my head being on fire, and my throat so SORE from the snot dripping down it while i slept that i was carrying around little honey packets when i sang, it made me think of something it made me remember that i live in a broken world.

thats right, my piggy plague reminded me of the fall of man, which in turn reminded me of sin, which lead to God's saving Grace. so i woke up every morning thinking about how sick i was and thanking God for loving me so much. weird. but really cool.

and then i realized something. i know when i'm as sick as i was/stil am i need alot of rest.but at the same time when i was sickest i wanted to do the most. i wanted to impact the world for God as much as i humanly could. and then some more. i really wanted to force jesus down everyones throats in the best way i could:love them. and at camp there are a few ways i could love them. see, i'm an employee and to me helping people on challenge courses really is a form of ministry. and i'm also on the band, so playing guitar is a form of misitry as well. i aslo have the ability to relate to people and make friends, and i see that as a way to build up my fellow beleivers, and thus its a form of ministry too. so i had three huge "take all day" tasks and had to do them all at once. add into thtat the fact that i was sick so only haad about 40% of my normal energy to spend, and yes, i wiped myself out.

all in all God used me though. there will probably be another blog or two about it soon, but now i need to get some rest.

with love,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment