Saturday, March 14, 2009

last night

last night was nitelife. and it was awesome. i was going to go through all the acts in order, but i don't really feel like it.
all this is because i was part of the opening act. my roommate, David Rush, who we all lovingly call "D-Rush" wrote a song about his dad, and played it at exposure in fall of 2007, and finally wrote a follow up song. this one is called pretensious, and its about how awesome he is. so he told me about this song as he was writing it, and i like the idea, so i volunteered to play with him. the day of auditions i got the idea to try out and do the "MarioKart love song" by Sam Hart for nitelife. D-Rush told me he liked the idea, and said i should work it into his act. i about five minutes we came up with a plan. we went to auditions, and made it to nitelife.

here's the lyrics(for those who weren't there or didn't catch all of them)

"Pretensious" music and lyrics by David rush

who's that guy every one looks up to,
who makes you feel discontent to be you?
he's like humphrey bogart from casa Blanca
With a voice far sweeter than frank sinatra

Don't you want to be like him,
Don't you want to be...... like D-Rush

I'll out-shred hendrix, on my guitar,
with looks like mine you'll swear i am a movie star
i've got everything all guys wish they could be,
and don't you think i have the most awesome looking widows peak?

hey don't cry its not your fault i'm just better,
even when it's cold out, i never have to wear my sweater
Chuck norris has got nothing on this,
he might try to round house kick me,
but i know he'll miss.

i forgot to mention one last thing,
i can bring world peace every tinme i sing
you ll rememebr that clown song that i sang last year?
well here it goes again for those who never got to hear

my dad's afraid of clowns.
my dad has colrophobia
he hates those big red shoes,
and doesn't want a dog shaped balloon
i know that it in't the time,
but daddy look out here comes a mime

but who wants to hear about my dad anywasy?

hey don't cry its not your fault i'm just better,
when it comes to the ladies, i write the smoothest love letters
roses are red, and violets are blue
i know for a act all you ladies want to date me too.

hey don't cry its not your fault i'm just better,
one day you can be like me, a real swell go geter,
my hair has got the perfect shine,
the perfect brown, all day all the time

hey don't cry its not your fault i'm just better,

then tom, the bassist, interrupts. he and the drummer (edgar) both leave me and D-Rush on the stage, with D-rush crying.
then the mario kart loves song. here are the lyrics for that.

"Mario Kart Love Song"
Music and lyrics by Sam Hart

V1:
You be my princess
I'll be your toad
I'll follow behind you
on rainbow road
Protect you from red shells
wherever we go
I promise.

V2:
Noone will touch us
if we pick up a star
If you spin out
you can ride in my car
When we slide together
we generate sparks
in our wheels and our hearts

Chorus:
The finish line
is just around the bend
I'll pause this game
so our love will never end
Let's go again

V3:
The blue shell is coming
so I'll go ahead
If you hang behind
it'll hit me instead
but never look back
cause I'm down but not dead
I'll catch up to you

Bridge:
Don't worry about
Bowser or DK
Eat this glowing mushroom
and they'll all fade away

Chorus:
The finish line
is just around the bend
I'll pause this game
so our love will never end ( repeat)

Let's go again


and then, we went into a slew of awkward statements. lets ee if i can script it out.

Andrew: D-Rush, i've been meaning to tell you something for a while. here it goes. i love you.
(awkward pause)
in the deepest way a hetrosexual male can love another hetrosexual male. we have something special. we're brothers, and we are friends and roommates, but we are more than that.

D-Rush: i know, we're great friends
Andrew: i think hteres a word for that. they callit bromance. its the epitome of thompson-man-love
D-Rush: the epitome!)
Andrew: it means you have my back and i got yours. we are always there for eachother. figuratively speaking, of course. ( turns to audience) like wwe're both straight. his girl friend is in the audience.
Both sing: "I'll pause this game, so our love will never end, lets go again. "
Andrew: man, there is something you need to do, and i think you know what that is.
D-Rush: i have to apologize to edgar and tom (leaves the stage)
Andrew: sings "I just want to be like him, i just want to be, like D-Rush.
end.


sao the reason i wrote that out, even though it took forever is because i had an amazing tiime, and through all of that i have a nasty cold. but somehow i was fine. also, (cool thing) we prayed before we went on. i've never prayed for a musical thing befroe where it wasn't a worship set. weird.

hopefully my blogs will turn more theological soon. or at least less of a report, and mroe of a typical blog.

at least i finally found my new outro to my blog:

GO with peace to love and serve the lord

1 comment: